Practice-oriented trainings for your business success in Germany
Get to know one of the world’s biggest economies and receive specific expert hands-on recommendations about Germany for a successful interaction with German business partners.
Learn more about international cooperation with German business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with German customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural training Germany.
What you can expect from our Intercultural training Germany
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of German society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may confuse German business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt to German everyday life more effectively
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with German business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training Germany to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Germany – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- Historical, geopolitical and economic aspects and their impact on German business mentality
- How values, attitudes and ways of behaviour tend to be perceived in professional life
Communication with German business partners
- Communication with German colleagues and clients via email, telephone and in face-to-face meetings: positive intentions versus potential misunderstandings
- Preference for different communication styles in German business communication
- The meaning of task orientation in German day-to-day Business
Meetings, team- and project work
- Challenges and areas of conflict when working with German clients, suppliers or colleagues in project teams
- Culturally related expectations regarding responsibilities in the German business context
- How to build trust when collaborating with Germans?
- Making contact and building relationships: how to deal with the adequate level of formality
- Leadership and decision making processes in Germany – case studies
- The meaning of hierarchy and status in German management
How to behave in critical situations and in case of conflict
- Dealing with conflicts when working with German business partners
- Strategies to avoid risks and resolve conflicts
Presenting to and negotiating with Germans
- Presenting to a German audience – what do Germans expect?
- Meetings at trade fairs
- Sales and acquisition
- Strategies to negotiate with German partners effectively
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Travelling to Germany – tips for business meetings and everyday life
- Welcoming and taking care of German colleagues and business partners – your role as a host
Summary of key learnings
Wrap up and practical recommendations for working with German colleagues and Business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
Depending on your current needs and business-specific challenges, CultureWaves can tailor your Intercultural Germany training.
Intercultural training Germany – How, where and for whom?
- one-day or two-day trainings
- individual or group training
- customised, behaviour-oriented, target-specific or generic
- face-to-face or virtual
- depending on level of knowledge and needs also as workshop, interactive presentation or keynote speech
- on-site or off-site
- for employees of all levels, professionals and managers, for teams, as role-specific or task-specific training
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Intercultural training Germany to your specific needs!
True Diversity: the CultureWaves Trainer team
The CultureWaves team is made up of more than 100 qualified trainers and consultants with multiple years of professional experience in various sectors and positions.
The broad experience of our experts offers profound insights into the German business world.
CultureWaves emphasises the variety of methods applied. With decades of experience in designing and delivering customised trainings, CultureWaves has optimised training methods for your maximum benefit.
The CultureWaves trainer team has profound expertise through:
- Many years of professional experience and of living abroad
- Multicultural background
- Trainer qualification
- Profound knowledge about the respective culture
- Native or multilingual language skills
- Presentation or facilitation qualification
CultureWaves uses latest video and graphic footage to give authentic insights into German business culture and business practices during their trainings.
Interactive training style
In our trainings, CultureWaves looks to create an understanding of German business mentality, to build more assertiveness in dealing with German colleagues and business partners as well as to develop and to expand your range of styles through:
- Exchange of international business experiences
- Interactive, behaviour-oriented group exercises
- Work on business case studies in small groups
- Discussion and reflection
- Role plays
- Individual exercises, personal and peer feedback
- Background information for better understanding of the business mentality in other cultures
- Practical recommendations and tips for self-paced learning
What our clients say:
‘A good impression of the German culture because I am new here and I need to know these things.’
‘I did like the examples, the teamwork that was created, and the method by which it was presented.’
‘The topics and delivery have been very interesting. Examples and group work helped to better understand the content.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Team building
- Intercultural coaching
- Managing Multicultural Teams
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to present our portfolio to you.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Since 1999, CultureWaves supports companies in their international business as well as processes of change and going international.
Benefit from the quality of our trainings!