Intercultural project management
International and global orientated project work is on the rise.
It is increasingly common for companies to put together project teams from different countries and various locations to plan and realize projects or to solve problems.
Project team members all over the world collaborate mainly in a virtual context due to globalization, digitization and numerous platforms for virtual cooperation.
This offers a lot of new opportunities and synergy potential, but also presents challenges. The complexity of leadership and efficient teamwork in global, cross-cultural companies should not be underestimated.
CultureWaves helps you seize the opportunities and master the challenges of todays’ international project management.
We look forward to hearing from you.
What you can expect from our intercultural project management training
With the participation in this training the participants will…
- get to know the fundamentals of intercultural project management
- develop an understanding of the commonalities and cultural differences in international project work
- be aware of criteria for success and potential failure in international project work
- reflect on their own working style in the international context
- better understand the procedures, processes, strategies and methods of international project partners and realise synergy opportunities
- recognise and solve culture based misunderstandings and conflicts
Please feel free to contact us, if you are interested! We are looking forward to writing a proposal for you or answering any remaining questions.
Intercultural project management – possible content
- Basic concepts of international project management
- Dimensions of international project work: Facets and impact of internationalization and cross-cultural teamwork on project managers and teams
- The influence of culture on processes, organisational structures and project management
- Self-perception and perception of others regarding values, attitudes and behaviours that influence project work and teamwork
Communication in project teams
- Comparing international communication styles: intentions, possible misinterpretations and misunderstandings
- Specific challenges of virtual communication
- Giving feedback in multicultural and virtual teams
- Building trust and selecting the adequate medium of communication
Team- and project work
- Expectations on teamwork and project work in different cultures
- Team building phases and their influence on the performance of the team members
- Perception of time and time management in intercultural teams
- Structures and process orientation in international comparison
- Cultural differences and their synergetic potential for multicultural projects
- Expectations regarding project leaders and management
- Significance of hierarchy and status in different cultures
- Culture adequate adaptation of instruments for planning, controlling and supervising international projects
- Information management and decision making
- Feedback and motivation in multicultural project teams
- Using resources and diversity in project teams effectively
Behaviour in critical situations and conflicts
- Handling of conflicts in multicultural teams
- Risk management – using strategies to deal with and avoid risks in international projects
- Essential aspects and practical recommendations for intercultural project management
Do you have specific needs or interests?
Depending on your needs and target group, we integrate your topic requests and training modules into the intercultural project management training and adapt the content to your current situation and company-specific challenges.
Intercultural project management – How, where and for whom?
- Several days intensive training
- Tailored or standardized
- On-site or off-site
- Face-to-face or virtual
- Individual or group training for specialists and executives
We are happy to advise you and adapt the intercultural project management training to your needs!
Embracing diversity: the CultureWaves trainer team
The CultureWaves trainer team is made up of more than 100 qualified trainers and consultants with multiple years of international professional and training experience in various sectors and positions.
Based on our experts’ broad experience they will provide you with deep insights into the opportunities and challenges of intercultural communication and collaboration.
Methodology and approach
CultureWaves emphasises the variety of methods applied. With decades of experience in designing and delivering customised training, CultureWaves has optimised its implementation methodology for your maximum benefit.
Our goal: top marks from the participants. Therefore, an evaluation and continuous optimisation of all training measures is a matter of course for us.
The CultureWaves trainer team has profound expertise through:
- Many years of professional experience
- Training qualification
- Multicultural background or multiple years spent in different countries
- Native or multilingual language
For the Intercultural Project Management Training CultureWaves uses latest video and graphic footage and gives you authentic insights into other cultures and realms of work.
Interactive training style
CultureWaves supports you to better understand other business mentalities, gain more security in the collaboration with colleagues and business partners from other cultures as well as broaden participant’s personal skill set through:
- Role plays
- Interactive group exercises
- Exchange of experiences in the international work context
- Individual exercises and personal reflection
- Personal feedback by trainer and peers
- Work on critical incidents or business cases in small groups
- Discussion and reflection
- Background information for a better understanding of the business mentality in other cultures
- Practical recommendations for further self-paced learning
You might also be interested in:
- Intercultural management
- Intercultural communication
- Intercultural coaching
- Team building
…and many more. We are happy to advise you on our range of services.
With competence and experience at your disposal. We look forward to hearing from you!
Since 1999, CultureWaves delivers customised training for corporate customers all around the world.
Benefit from the quality of our training!