Intercultural Awareness Training – Developing intercultural sensitivity for more international success
This practice-oriented Intercultural Awareness Training covers awareness-building of employees who work internationally.
Companies who wish to be internationally successful need employees who have understanding for the cultural imprint of their international business partners. The awareness-building for interculturally appropriate communication with customers, colleagues and suppliers results in more understanding for all parties and therefore more efficient collaboration.
We are looking forward to advising you on Intercultural Awareness Training or similar measures and to tailoring them to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural Awareness Training
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen the perception of their own culture and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of the behaviour of international business partners
- Learn to recognise and avoid intercultural misunderstandings
- Develop strategies to handle difficult international situations
- Broaden their personal skill set for communicating and collaborating with international customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Understand which competencies are important to operate effectively in an intercultural context
Intercultural Awareness – Possible content:
- Reflection on past experiences with business partners from other cultures
- Opportunities, realities and challenges in international collaboration
- Comparison of self-perception and perception by others converning values, attitudes and behaviours at work on the basis of selected target cultures relevant for the participants
- Causes of intercultural misunderstandings
- Comparison of international communication styles: origins and reasons for potential misinterpretations and unexpected reactions in feedback conversations; codes and practical formulation guide
- Realising culturally influenced nuances in the English language, perceiving them in your own language and consciously monitoring them to prevent misunderstandings and communicate more efficiently.
- Collaboration in multicultural work groups and international projects: organisation and facilitation of as well as recommended behaviour during international meetings
- Culture specific aspects of non-verbal and verbal communication
- Working styles, understanding of different planning and work processes; perception and meaning of time
- The most important intercultural competencies and success factors for international collaboration
…and further topics and focus areas depending on your needs.
Intercultural Awareness – How, where and for whom?
- one-day or two-day training
- individual or group training
- customized to target group and main topics, behavioural or standardised, sensitising
- depending on formerly acquired knowledge or needs
- also offered as workshop, as module within an event, as interactive presentation with involvement of participants or as keynote speech
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
- for employees of all levels, professionals and managers, for teams or as function- or task-specific training
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Intercultural Awareness Training to your specific needs!
Embracing diversity: the CultureWaves trainer team
The CultureWaves trainer team is made up of more than 100 qualified trainers and consultants with multiple years of international professional and training experience in various sectors and positions.
Based on our culture experts’ broad experience they will provide you with deep insights into the opportunities and challenges of intercultural collaboration.
Intercultural Awareness Training – methodology and approach
CultureWaves emphasises the variety of methods applied. With decades of experience in designing and delivering customised training, CultureWaves has optimised its implementation methodology for your maximum benefit.
The CultureWaves trainer team has profound expertise through:
- Many years of professional experience in various countries
- Training experience and continuous further qualifications
- Multicultural life and work experience
- Native or multilingual language skills
- Background knowledge and background information for a better understanding of the business mentality
For the Intercultural Awareness Training CultureWaves uses latest video and graphic footage and gives you authentic insights into the intercultural realms of work.
Interactive training style
CultureWaves supports you to better understand your organisation’s business mentality, gain more security in the collaboration with colleagues and business partners from other cultures and broaden participant’s personal skill set through:
- Role plays
- Interactive group exercises
- Exchange of past experiences at work
- Individual exercises and personal reflection
- Personal feedback by trainer and peers
- Work on business cases in small groups
- Discussion and reflection
- Practical recommendations and tips for further self-paced learning
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to writing a proposal for you or answering any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Intercultural training
- Intercultural communication
- Managing Multicultural Teams
…and many more. We are happy to advise you on our range of services.
With competence and experience at your disposal. We look forward to hearing from you!
Since 1999, CultureWaves delivers customised training for corporate customers all around the world.
Benefit from the quality of our training!