International Collaboration – Training for your specific needs
Employees of international companies are increasingly challenged to collaborate successfully with people from other countries and cultures, virtually and face-to-face. They face the day-to-day demand to achieve good results with customers, colleagues and suppliers from many countries all over the world.
In our training for International Collaboration your employees will develop skills and obtain tools to operate more successfully at an international level and communicate with more cultural-sensitivity.
You can find more information regarding our offer here. We will also be glad to advise you personally.
We are looking forward to your request.
What you can expect from our Training for International Collaboration
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their own cultural perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Improve their understanding of the impact of cultural values and attitudes on collaboration
- Gain a better understanding of communication and work styles of international business partners and in multicultural teams
- Learn to recognise and avoid intercultural misunderstandings
- Develop strategies to handle difficult intercultural situations and broaden their personal scope of action for dealing with international customers, colleagues and suppliers
International Collaboration – Possible training content:
The impact of culture on work life, self-perception and the perception of others
- Reflection on past experiences in contact with people from other cultures
- Cultural influencing factors on communication and work styles
- Self-perception and perception of others of values, attitudes and behaviours in the working context
- Origins of intercultural misunderstandings
- Communication styles in international comparison and their influence on international project work: intentions, possible misinterpretations and misunderstandings
- Specific challenges in virtual communication: web conferences, emails, phone calls or teleconferences
- Giving and receiving feedback in multicultural teams
Meetings, team and project work
- Best practices for the organisation and design of international meetings
- Culture specific behaviour in project work (sense of time, know-how transfer, decision processes, motivating factors, etc.)
- Comparing expectations of team members in international projects and team work
- Demands and expectations regarding project leaders and managers
How to behave in challenging situations and in conflict situations
- The meaning of trust in international collaboration
- Recognising conflicts and behavioural patterns in conflicts
Intercultural competence – what are the principles of successful international collaboration?
- What is intercultural competence?
- Necessary and helpful attitudes, skills and competencies
- Recording results for individual participants and for the group
Training for International Collaboration – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual training
- on-site or off-site
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Training for International Collaboration to your specific needs!
Embracing diversity: the CultureWaves trainer team
The CultureWaves trainer team is made up of more than 100 qualified trainers and consultants with multiple years of international professional and training experience in various sectors and positions.
Based on our experts’ broad experience they will provide you with deep insights into the opportunities and challenges of intercultural communication and international collaboration.
Training for International Collaboration – methodology and approach
CultureWaves emphasises the variety of methods applied. With decades of experience in designing and delivering customised training, CultureWaves has optimised training methods for your maximum benefit.
The CultureWaves trainer team has profound expertise through:
- Many years of professional experience
- Multicultural life and work experience
- Training qualification
- Native or multilingual language skills
- Presentation and facilitation competence
For the International Collaboration Training CultureWaves uses latest video and graphic footage to give you an authentic insight into the international working world.
Interactive training style
CultureWaves looks to support the understanding of the business mentality in different cultures, reaching more security in the collaboration with international colleagues and business partners as well as broadening your personal scope of action through:
- Role plays
- Interactive group exercises
- Exchange of experiences in the international working context
- Individual exercises and exercises for reflection
- Personal feedback
- Work on business case studies in small groups
- Discussion and reflection
- Background information for a better understanding of the business mentality in other cultures
- Practical recommendations and tips for further self-paced learning
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to writing a proposal for you or answering any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Intercultural project management
- Negotiation training
- Intercultural coaching
- Managing Multicultural Teams
…and many more. We are happy to advise you on our range of services.
With competence and experience at your disposal. We look forward to hearing from you!
Since 1999, CultureWaves delivers customised training for corporate customers all around the world.
Benefit from the quality of our training!