Increase your understanding of the Swedish business mentality for more success with Swedish business partners and colleagues.
Sweden is a Northern European monarchy in Scandinavia with a modern industrial society and high living standards. The third largest member state of the European Union ranks as the largest national economy of the Scandinavian countries and plays a pivotal role for foreign enterprises in Northern Europe.
Since the industrialisation started in the 19th century, Sweden has become one of the leading industrial nations in the world. Important industries include wood, pulp, and paper manufacturing, regenerative energies as well as information and bio technology.
Today, the Swedish economy is strongly export-oriented and dependent on international trade relations. Due to its high level of internationalisation it is an attractive investment location for foreign businesses serving as base for many multinational corporations.
Learn more about the cooperation with Swedish business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with Swedish customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural Training Sweden.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for working with Swedish business partners to you and your employees on-site or virtually.
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Intercultural Training Sweden to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural Training Sweden
By completing the training participants will:
- sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- gain a better understanding of the Swedish society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- anticipate what behaviour may irritate Swedish business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- be able to adapt to Swedish business life more effectively
- understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Swedish business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Sweden to your specific needs.
Intercultural training Sweden – Possible content
Understanding Sweden – Self-perception and perception by others
- the influence of geopolitical, historical and societal developments on the Swedish business mentality
- Sweden’s model of a welfare state
- change of perspective: Swedish values, norms and behavioural patterns
- developing a general understanding of the Swedish business world
Communication with Swedish business partners
- successful communication with your Swedish business partners
- indirect and direct communication – decoding messages from your Swedish business partners, colleagues and employees
- the Swedish culture of dialogue
- giving and receiving feedback in Sweden
- appreciated topics for small talk
Meetings, team and project work
- the meaning of consensus in the Swedish business world
- improving cooperation with your Swedish business partners
- „lagom“- striking and living a healthy balance
- „fika“- coffee breaks in daily business
- team work and punctuality
- specific features of project management in Sweden
- the meaning of flat hierarchies in Swedish business
- leading and motivating Swedish employees
- decision-making in Sweden
- expectations regarding leaders and managers
How to behave in challenging situations and in case of conflict
- conflict management: recognising culture-specific areas of conflict
- leading constructive discussions with your Swedish business partners
- consensus orientation and reaching compromises
Presenting and negotiating in Sweden
- presentations – meeting expectations of a Swedish audience
- structure and content of presentations
- preparing yourself for successful negotiations
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- business trips to Sweden – suggestions regarding etiquette and appropriate behaviour
- invitations by Swedish business partners: your role as a guest
Summary of key learnings
- Wrap-up and practical recommendations for working with Swedish colleagues and business partners
Do you have specific needs?
CultureWaves tailors your Intercultural Training Sweden according to your current needs and business-specific challenges.
Intercultural Training Sweden – How, where and for whom?
- one-day compact training or two-day intensive training
- customized to target group and main topics or generic
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
- for employees of all levels, professionals and managers
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Intercultural Training Sweden to your specific needs.
Intercultural Training Sweden – methodology
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented training which is characterized by focussing on the participants’ needs, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, and up-to-date videos and graphics. Participants are given an opportunity to work on case studies, participate in group discussions, and reflect on what they have heard. In addition, we provide you with practice-oriented recommendations designed to help your business success.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to proposing an offer to you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in
- Leadership training
- Team development
- Intercultural coaching
- Managing Multicultural Teams (E-learning)
- The International Profiler – A coaching tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.