Operating and collaborating with Slovakian business partners successfully through our Intercultural trainings. CultureWaves is looking forward to advising you!
Our Intercultural training Slovakia offers a wide range of information and recommendations which will enable you to communicate with Slovakian business partners more effectively
The Slovak Republic is a Central Eastern European country which only gained its sovereignty and independency in 1993, formerly belonging to the Czechoslovakian Republic. The country is characterized by a highly industrialized and export-oriented economy. For several years, Slovakia has been experiencing solid economic growth which is mainly achieved by its exports to Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. The most important economic sectors include its traditional industries such as the automotive industry, electronics, metal processing and engineering, wholesale and retail activities, as well as the traffic and tourism industry. The entry into the economy and Monetary Union of the European Union in 2009 makes Slovakia an attractive market for foreign investors.
Learn more about international cooperation with Slovakian business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with Slovakian customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural Slovakia training.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for Slovakian day-to-day business to you and your employees.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural training Slovakia to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural training Slovakia
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Slovakian society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may irritate Slovakian business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt to Slovakian business life more effectively and interact more efficiently with your Slovakian counterparts
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Slovakian business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Slovakia to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Slovakia – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- Historical, geopolitical, economic and societal characteristics and their impact on Slovakian business mentality
- The impact of the century-long cooperation of Slavic, German and Hungarian cultures on today’s business in Slovakia
- The importance of personal relationships for a sustainable collaboration
Communication with Slovakian business partners
- Formal welcoming and address in Slovakia
- Small talk – appreciated topics for informal talks with your Slovakian business partners
- The role of personal contacts when building and maintaining business relations
- Body language – emotional or formal?
- Indirect versus direct communication – reading between the lines
- How to give feedback effectively and aim criticism at your Slovakian counterpart
- Communicating with Slovakian colleagues and clients via email, in virtual and in personal meetings
Meetings, team and project work
- Time management in Slovakia
- Challenges and areas of tension when working in project teams with Slovakian clients, suppliers and colleagues
- How to build trust in the cooperation with Slovakians?
- Loyalty towards leaders
- Leadership and decision-making processes – who takes on the different tasks?
- Preferred leadership styles in Slovakia
How to behave in challenging situations and conflicts
- Dealing with conflicts when collaborating with Slovakian business partners
- Early identification of potential sources of conflict
- Strategies to avoid risks and for conflict Resolution
Presenting and negotiating in Slovakia
- Presenting to a Slovakian audience – what do Slovaks expect?
- Conducting negotiations: strategies for culturally sensitive, efficient and successful negotiations with Slovaks – paying attention to facial expressions, gestures and body language of your Slovakian negotiation Partner
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Business trips to Slovakia – business meetings and everyday life in Slovakia
- Invitations in a private context – behaviour and etiquette
- Welcoming and hosting Slovakian employees, business partners and delegations – your role as a host
Summary of key learnings
Wrap-up and practical recommendations for working with Slovakian colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
Depending on your current needs and business-specific challenges, CultureWaves can tailor your Intercultural Slovakia Training.
Intercultural training Slovakia – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-sit or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training Slovakia to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Slovakia – methodology:
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, an interactive approach and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date video and graphic footage. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write an offer for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Team development
- Presentation training
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
- Virtual training
…and many more. We are happy to advice you on our range of services.
Since 1999, CultureWaves supports companies in their international business as well as processes of change and going international.
Our team of more than 100 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, key-note speeches and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.