Getting to know the cultural framework of the Netherlands and develop your intercultural competencies for a successful collaboration with your local business partners.
CultureWaves is looking forward to advising you!
By participating in our Intercultural training Netherlands, you will expand your intercultural competencies and improve the communication with Dutch colleagues and business partners for a successful collaboration.
The Kingdom of the Netherlands is a constitutional monarchy, one of the five largest exporting nations in the world and ranks globally among the twenty largest national economies. Besides the services and finance sector, the ports of Rotterdam and Amsterdam are mainly contributing to these ranks. Moreover, the food and chemical industry as well as the oil refinery industry constitute strongly to its liberal economy. Together with the USA and France, the Netherlands rank among the largest exporters of agricultural products worldwide, for example with its production of cheese, flowers and vegetables.
The Netherlands are a founder of the European Union and the Council of Europe, as well as a member of the Benelux customs union. The seat of the Dutch government and parliament as well as the International Court of Justice and Europol are to be found in The Hague.
Learn more about international cooperation with Dutch business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with Dutch customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural Training Netherlands.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for Dutch day-to-day business to you and your employees onsite or virtual.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural training Netherland to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural training Netherlands:
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Dutch society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may irritate Dutch business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt and interact in Dutch business life more effectively
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Dutch business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Netherlands to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Netherlands – Possible content:
Understanding the Netherlands
Self-perception and perception by others
- The influence of geopolitical, historical and societal developments on the Dutch business mentality
- The influence of neighbour countries on the Dutch identity
- Values, attitudes and behaviour, self-perception and perceptions of others
Communication with Dutch business partners
- “Hoi!”- Informal address across hierarchies
- Observing indirect and direct communication signals
- The meaning of modesty and directness when communicating with the Dutch
- Behavioural patterns and attitudes: pragmatism, liberality, rationality, tolerance and transparency
- Use of language in the Netherlands
Meetings, team- and project work
- Achieving long-term project success with the Dutch
- Organising and mediating virtual and face-to-face meetings in a culturally sensitive way
- Be mindful with formality at meetings with Dutch business partners
- The meaning of punctuality for meetings and delivery Dates
- Participative leadership – the meaning of flat hierarchies
- Social competency and managing employees
- Trust between line managers and employees
How to behave in challenging situations and in case of conflict
- How to lead constructive discussions with Dutchmen
- Consensus orientation and reaching compromises
- Strategies for conflict resolution
Presenting and negotiating in the Netherlands
- Presenting ideas – getting the attention of your Dutch audience
- How to negotiate with Dutch people
- Recommendations on tactics for negotiations and sale
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Business trips to the Netherlands – Suggestions for etiquette and everyday life
- Invitations by your Dutch business partners
Summary of key learnings
Wrap-up and practical recommendations for working with Dutch colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
CultureWaves tailors your Intercultural training Netherlands according to your current needs and business specific challenges.
Intercultural training Netherlands – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training Netherlands to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Netherlands – methodology
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date videos and graphics. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write a proposal for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Team development
- Leading international teams
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.
Since 1999 CultureWaves supports businesses dealing with international collaborations as well as processes of change and internationalisation.
Our team of over 100 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, presentations and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.