Our Intercultural training Brazil is practice-oriented and meant to increase your business performance through improved communication with your business partners in Brazil.
Explore new aspects of Brazil, a country which is mainly characterized by its cultural variety. Today, the fifth-largest country by area and population is a multiethnic state. It developed into a multiethnic state during the time as a Portuguese colony. Brazil ranks amongst the ten largest national economies. Services, industry and agriculture are all important sectors as well as the industries of petroleum, mining and metal. Brazil belongs to the BRICS countries, it is a member of the South American customs union Mercosul and it is one of the most important regional powers of Latin America.
Learn more about international cooperation with Brazilian business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with Brazilian customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural Training Brazil.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for Brazilian day-to-day business to you and your employees, on site or virtual.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural training Brazil to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural training Brazil
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work styles
- Gain a better understanding of Brazilian society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may irritate Brazilian business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt to Brazilian everyday business life more effectively and interact more successfully with Brazilian counterparts
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Brazilian business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training Brazil to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Brazil – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- Historical, geopolitical, economic and societal developments and their impact on Brazilian business mentality
- Comparing self-perceptions and perceptions by others on values, attitudes and behavioural patterns
Communication with Brazilian business partners
- Particularities when communicating with Brazilians
- Developing a better understanding of Brazilian thought patterns
- ‚Bem vindo‘ – making contact with Brazilian customers and colleagues face-to-face or virtually
- Case studies: styles and strategies for successful collaboration with Brazilians
- The importance of networks in Brazil
Meetings, team- and project work
- Successful organisation of projects with Brazilians
- Working in a team with Brazilian colleagues – creating a productive working atmosphere
- How to build trust when collaborating with Brazilians?
- Working in a society without a native feedback culture
- Brazilian corporate culture and management
- The specific role of the leader: the relation between leader and employee
- How to deal with Brazilian employees and colleagues
- Overlapping of professional and private life in Brazil
- Case studies of leading in Brazil – identifying and developing potential
- Women in the lead – culture specific perceptions when dealing with men and women
How to behave in challenging and difficult situations
- Strategies to provide feedback successfully
- Conflict management – avoiding and resolving conflicts
- The impact of criticism and feedback in a discussion with Brazilians – The importance of praise and appreciation
- To criticize without criticizing – saving face of your counterparts
- Showing intercultural understanding to successfully work in a dynamic country
Presenting and negotiating in Brazil
- Presenting successfully – what does a Brazilian audience expect?
- Best practice – recommendations for successful negotiations
- Communication strategies for negotiation and an efficient collaboration with business partners from Brazil
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Travelling to Brazil – proper behaviour for business meetings, information on security issues, private invitations and religious rules
- Local everyday life – your role as guest or host
- Brazilian etiquette
Summary of key learnings
Wrap up and practical recommendations for working with Brazilian colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
CultureWaves tailors your Intercultural training Brazil according to your current needs and business specific challenges.
Intercultural training Brazil – How, where and for whom?
- one-day or two-day trainings
- individual or group training
- customised, behaviour-oriented, target-specific or generic
- face-to-face or virtual
- depending on level of knowledge and needs also as workshop, interactive presentation or keynote speech
- on-site or off-site
- for employees of all levels, professionals and managers, for teams, as role-specific or task-specific training
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Brazil to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Brazil – methodology
CultureWaves emphasises the variety of methods applied. With decades of experience in designing and delivering customised trainings, CultureWaves has optimised training methods for your maximum benefit.
The CultureWaves trainer team has profound expertise through:
- Many years of professional experience and of living abroad
- Multicultural background
- trainer qualification
- Profound knowledge about the respective culture
- Native or multilingual language skills
- Presentation or facilitation qualification
CultureWaves uses latest video and graphic footage to give authentic insights into Brazilian business culture and business practices during their trainings.
Interactive training style
In our trainings, CultureWaves looks to create an understanding of Brazilian business mentality, to build more assertiveness in dealing with Brazilian colleagues and business partners as well as to develop and to expand your range of styles through:
- Exchange of international business experiences
- Interactive, behaviour-oriented group exercises
- Work on business case studies in small groups
- Discussion and reflection
- Role plays
- Individual exercises, personal and peer feedback
- Background information for better understanding of the business mentality in other cultures
- Practical recommendations and tips for self-paced learning
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write an offer for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Team development
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
- Managing Multicultural Teams
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.
With competence and experience at your disposal. We look forward to hearing from you!
Since 1999, CultureWaves delivers customised trainings for corporate customers all around the world.
Benefit from the quality of our trainings!