Extend your intercultural competencies and optimise your collaboration with Belgian business partners through our Intercultural Belgium Training.
CultureWaves is looking forward to advising you!
As a participant in our Intercultural Belgium Traning, you will broaden your awareness of Belgian businesses conduct and your competencies for the collaboration with Belgians.
The western European Kingdom of Belgium is a founding member of the European Union. The country is composed of regions and communities, including the Flemish, the French and the German-speaking community. Correspondingly, there are three official languages spoken in Belgium: Dutch, French and German. Belgium’s three regions – the Flemish Region, the Brussels Capital Region and the Walloon Region strive for economic autonomy. Brussels is seat of the NATO, of EUROCONTROL and the European commission. As an important economic power, Belgium is a member of the Benelux Economic Union and boasts of a high export ratio. Service, pharmaceuticals, chemistry and food are the most important economic sectors.
Learn more about intercultural collaboration with Belgian business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with Belgian customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural Training Belgium.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for Belgian day-to-day business to you and your employees, on site or virtual.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Belgium to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural Training Belgium
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Belgian society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behavior may irritate Belgian business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Belgian business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Intercultural Training Belgium to your specific needs!
Intercultural Training Belgium – Possible content:
Understanding Belgium – Self-perception and perception by others
- The impact of geopolitical, historical and social developments on Belgian business mentality
- The royal family and current political situation in Belgium
- The impact of the various communities and regions on behavioural patterns of Belgians, Belgian day-to-day business and business cultures
- Values, attitudes and behaviour, self-perception and perceptions of others
Communication with Belgian business partners
- Taking the different communication styles between the regions of Flanders and Wallonia into account
- Establishing contacts and building relationships with Belgian business partners
- Official languages: French, Flemish, German and English as business languages
Meetings, team- and project work
- The importance of planning and the concept of time with Belgians
- Challenges and areas of tension when working with Belgian colleagues
- Valuing and responding to some culture-specific characteristics like pragmatism, willingness to compromise, integration and creativity
- Distribution of power and hierarchical structures in Flanders and Wallonia
- Leading teams – understanding the mentality of Belgian employees
- Briefing employees and delegating responsibility
- Process assessment and the duration of decision-making processes
How to behave in difficult or challenging situations and in case of conflicts
- Decision by consensus versus hierarchical decision-making style
- Giving constructive feedback
- Solution strategies regarding misunderstanding with Belgians
Presenting and negotiating in Belgium
- Presenting to a Belgian audience: meeting and exceeding expectations – preparation and visualisation
- Recommendations offered by experts on successful negotations and efficient discussion with Belgians
- Sales talk and contracts
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Travelling to Belgium – information on your business trip and every-day life
- Business lunches: their significance and tips for manners and behaviour patterns
Summary of key learnings
Wrap up and practical recommendations for working with Belgian colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
CultureWaves tailors your Intercultural Belgium Training according to your current needs and business specific challenges.
Intercultural Training Belgium – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Belgium to your specific needs!
Intercultural Training Belgium – methodological approach
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participants needs’, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date videos and graphics. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
Intercultural Training Belgium – our experts
Our consults have extensive professional experience with Belgian businesses or are originally from Belgiums. The intercultural training can be conducted in English, German or further languages.
If you would like to arrange an intercultural training for a larger group, we are pleased to put a bicultural trainer team together. In this way, we can guarantee an intensive work process in small groups.
The CultureWaves trainer team consists of more than 100 experts with vast international training experience in different industries and positions.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write an offer for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership training
- Team development
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
- Managing Multicultural Teams (E-learning)
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.
Since 1999 CultureWaves has been supporting collaboration in companies with organisational change as part of internationalisation processes.
Benefit from the quality of our trainings!