Our Intercultural Turkey Training offers a wide range of information and practice-oriented recommendations for your successful collaboration with Turkish business partners.
We are looking forward to advise you!
Through our practical intercultural training Turkey you will expand your intercultural awareness for the collaboration with Turkish business partners.
Turkey is said to be the connective link between Europe and Asia. Its capital Istanbul extends over two different continents. Over the last years, its economy has been characterized by an upward trend and exports have multiplied. The most important economic sectors include light and heavy industries as well as services and tourism.
By taking part in the Intercultural Turkey Training, you will expand your personal competencies for the communication with Turkish customers, suppliers and colleagues.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for a successful collaboration with Turks to you and your employees.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Turkey to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural Training Turkey
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Turkish society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behavior may confuse Turkish business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt to Turkish business life more effectively and interact with Turkish counterparts successfully
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Turkish business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Turkey Training to your specific needs!
Intercultural Training Turkey – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- Background know-how: historical, geopolitical, societal and religious characteristics and their impact on Turkish business mentality
- Reflection on your own on and other cultures – rethinking stereotypes
Communication with Turkish business partners
- Avoiding tactlessness: verbal and written communication with Turkish business partners
- Making contact and building relationships
- How to correctly address a Turkish business partner by his title
- The importance of ‘saving face’
Meetings, team- and project work
- Proper behaviour in meetings: dealing with time, motivation, presenting information, agendas and expectations
- Dress code and appearance
- Building a trustful relationship with your Turkish colleagues
- Success criteria for managers
- Expectations regarding line managers
- Distribution of tasks, guidelines and decision-making authority for employees
- Creating harmony within a team
How to behave in difficult and challenging situations
- Uncertainty avoidance and conflict avoidance – the meaning of respect and politeness when dealing with Turkish negotiation partners
- Understanding and learning about indirect and nonverbal ways of communication
Negotiating in Turkey
- Proper behaviour in negotiations: appearance and etiquette
- Culture-specific recommendations on preparing negotiations and how to choose the right negotiation strategies
- How to read between the lines when your negotiation partners do not state a clear opinion
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Preparing a business trip to Turkey
- Topics and taboos for small talk and conversations
- ‚Tatlı yiyelim tatlı konuşalım‘ – being a guest in Turkey
Summary of key learnings
Wrap up and practical recommendations for working with Turkish colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
Depending on your current needs and business-specific challenges, CultureWaves can tailor your Intercultural Turkey Training.
Intercultural Training Turkey – How, where and for whom?
- customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Turkey to your specific needs!
Intercultural Training Turkey – methodological approach
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date video and graphic footage. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write an offer for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership training
- Team development
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.
Since 1999, CultureWaves supports companies in their international business as well as processes of change and going international.
Our team of more than 120 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, key-note speeches and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.