Practical trainings for your business success in South Africa
South Africa calls itself the rainbow nation. The wide range of ethnic diversity within South African society can cause exceptional demands regarding interaction and communication.
Learn more about international cooperation with South African business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with South African customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling for our Intercultural Training South Africa.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for the collaboration with South Africans to you and your employees.
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailoring the Intercultural Training South Africa to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural training South Africa
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives of South African communication and working styles
- Improve their understanding of the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour
- Gain a better understanding of South African society and traditions as well as of their impact on working life
- Anticipate what behaviour may confuse South African business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Gain ability to adapt to South African everyday life more effectively
- Learn to understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Get to know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with South African business Partners
Intercultural training South Africa – possible contents:
Understanding South Africa
Self-perception and perception by others
- Culture specific differences and their impact on the behaviour of South African business people
- Different behavioural patterns of various South African ethnic groups
- Reflection on why the concept of a homogenous “South African” culture is difficult to grasp
- ‘Black empowerment’ – the transition of the African society
- Self-perception – reflecting on one’s own values and behaviour
- Perception of others – understanding different values, attitudes and behaviours
Communication with South African business partners
- Which wording, behaviour or gestures can confuse or even offend my counterparts
- How to make small talk with business partners, employees and colleagues
- 11 official languages – Which impact do they have on business life
- How to negotiate with South Africans
Meetings, team- and project work
- The concept of ‘African time’
- Long-term and short-term orientation regarding projects and tasks
- The concept “Ubuntu” – its relevance for doing Business
- Power distance and levels of hierarchy in South African organisations
- Methods to support individuals and teams
- Training and instructing employees successfully
How to behave in critical situations and in case of conflict
- Practical suggestions for a smooth collaboration with South Africans
- Does Nelson Mandela have any impact on how conflicts are dealt with nowadays?
- Methods for dispute settlement: finding solutions and resolving conflicts
Presenting and negotiating in South Africa
- Marketing and sales strategies
- Meeting and exceeding the expectations of a South African audience
- How to act before and after negotiations
- Facilitating difficult discussions in a way that they lead to positive results
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Appreciated presents and recommended behaviour regarding invitations and business lunches
- Travelling in South Africa – tips for your stay
Summary of key learnings
Wrap up and practical recommendations for working with South African colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
Depending on your current needs and business-specific challenges, CultureWaves can tailor your Intercultural South Africa Training.
Intercultural training South Africa – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual training
- on-site or off-site
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
Intercultural training South Africa – methodical approach
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant’ needs, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to develop a deeper understanding of business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date videos and graphic footage. Further included are work on case studies in groups, discussions and reflections as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to writing an offer for you or answering any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership training
- Team development
- Conflict resolution
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to advise you on our range of services.
Since 1999, CultureWaves supports companies in their international business as well as in processes of change and internationalisation.
Our team of more than 100 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, key-note speeches and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.