Our Intercultural training Iran enables you to communicate and cooperate with Iranian business partners more successfully. Please feel free to contact us.
Broaden your expertise on Iran and develop intercultural consciousness for a successful collaboration with Iranians.
The Islamic Republic of Iran is surrounded by numerous neighbour countries. Turkey and Iraq in the West, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Turkmenistan in the East and Azerbaijan and Armenia in the North. Its history dates back 3000 years and has mainly been formed by the empire of Persia. Irans capital Teheran is the cultural and economic centre of the country. The country holds important resources such as the biggest natural gas deposit and the fourth biggest oil stocks worldwide. The main economic sectors in Iran include the oil and gas industry, the petrochemical industry, the automotive and textile industries as well as the the metal industry and agriculture.
Learn more about international collaboration with Iranian business partners and extend your intercultural competencies when dealing with Iranian clients, suppliers, colleagues and employees.
CultureWaves offers background knowledge for Iranian day-to-day business and practical recommendations to you and your employees for a successful collaboration with Iranian business partners.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural training Iran to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural training Iran
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Iranian society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may irritate Iranian business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt and interact in Iranian business life more effectively
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Iranian business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training Iran to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Iran – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- The impact of historical, geopolitical, religious and social developments on Iranian business mentality
- Correlation between the state and the economy and its meaning for the Iranian business world
- Significance of religion in business
- Developing an understanding of the Iranian identity and its connection with Islamic-Arabic culture
- Reflecting one’s own and the other culture – reconsidering prejudices and stereotypes
Business communication with Iranians
- „Khosh amadid!” – salutations and getting to know Iranians
- Socialising and networking with business partners
- The meaning of pride and the reputation of certain names
- Communication patterns – decoding verbal and non-verbal Messages
- Communication rules when speaking with Iranians – politeness, respect and trust
- Challenges due to three official working languages: Farsi, English and French
Meetings, team- und project work
- Business approaches: priorities, concepts of time and work processes
- Behaviour during meetings: seating orders and body distance
- The meaning of bank holidays and religious customs for Iranian day-to-day business
- Hierarchy and status in Iran
- General welfare versus individual benefits
- Motivation and task delegation to Iranian employees
- Introduction and implementation of change
- Characteristics of gender roles in Iran
How to behave in challenging situations and in case of conflict
- Dealing with misunderstandings and conflicts
- ‘Taroof’ – the Iranian concept of politeness
- Criticism and feedback – saving face of your business partner and yourself
Presenting and negotiating in Iran
- Recognising intentions of your Iranian business partners
- Sustainable mediation of content and targets
- Conducting negotiations: strategies for culturally sensitive, efficient and successful negotiations with partners from Iran
- Contracts and agreements in Iran
Business trips – recommendations
- Business trips to Iran – etiquette and recommendations
- The role of the guest and the role of the host
- Making presents: what to take into consideration
Summary of key learnings
Wrap-up and practical recommendations for working with Iranian colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
CultureWaves tailors your Intercultural training Iran according to your current needs and business-specific challenges.
Intercultural training Iran – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- For employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- Individual or group training
- Face-to-face or virtual
- On-site or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Iran to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Iran – methodical approach
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, an interactive approacheand practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date video and graphic footage. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
If you are interested fell free to contact us!
We are looking forward to put together an offer for you and answer any remaining questions!
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Team development
- Intercultural management
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to advise you on our range of services.
Since 1999 CultureWaves supports businesses dealing with international collaborations as well as processes of change and internationalisation.
Our team of over 100 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, presentations and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.