Extending and further developing business relations with French partners through our Intercultural France training. CultureWaves is looking forward to advise you.
Our Intercultural training France offers a wide range of information and recommendations which will enable you to communicate with French business partners more effectively.
The French economy is a major industrial power in the world and is one of the most developed European countries. Besides the services and tourism industry, key sectors of the French economy are the aviation and energy industries, agriculture, the chemistry and pharmaceutical industries as well as the electronic engineering field. The country’s infrastructure is of high quality and very modern. The French high speed rail network is the largest of its kind in Europe.
Learn more about international cooperation with French business partners and improve your intercultural competencies when dealing with French customers, suppliers, colleagues and employees by enrolling in our Intercultural France Training.
CultureWaves offers background know-how and practice-oriented recommendations for French day-to-day business to you and your employees.
We are looking forward to advise you and to tailor the Intercultural Training France to your specific needs!
What you can expect from our Intercultural training France
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of French society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may irritate French business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt to French business life more effectively and interact with French counterparts more successfully
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with French business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training France to your specific needs!
Intercultural training France – possible content
Self-perception and perception by others
- Historical, geopolitical, societal and economic features and their impact on French business mentality
- Current events in France and their influence on the country’s atmosphere
- Reflecting on one’s own values and developing a stronger understanding of the French culture
Communication with French business partners
- Culture-specific values and their impact on French communication
- Understanding indirect communication styles
- Email correspondence and virtual meetings with French business partners
- Business language: the significance of English and French for international collaboration
- Dress code, behaviour and attitude in Meetings
Meetings, team- and project work
- Work rhythm and the concept of time in France
- Establishing a productive discussion with your French team members
- Considering different methods for project work
- Hierarchy, power and status orientation in France
- Decision-makers and decision-making processes
- Preferred leadership styles in France
- Communicating with French employees
- Importance of elite institutions : „Les Grandes Écoles“
How to behave in challenging situations and in case of conflict
- Attitude towards open discussion and confrontation
- Ways of giving critical feedback
- How to deal with objections
- Respecting hierarchies
- Sensitivity during conversations – the meaning of politeness and respect
Presenting and negotiating in France
- Tips for product presentation and services – expectations of French audiences
- French negotiation tactics – How to open and end presentations?
- Debating and discussing with French business Partners
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Appreciated topics for conversations
- Behaviour during business lunches with French partners
- „Savoir vivre“ – the role of the host and of the guest in France
Summary of key learnings
Wrap-up and practical recommendations for working with French colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
Depending on your current needs and business-specific challenges, CultureWaves can tailor your Intercultural France Training.
Intercultural training France – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-sit or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training France to your specific needs!
Intercultural training France – methodical approach
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, an interactive approach and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date video and graphic footage. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
Testimonials – What our customers say:
‘A good impression on the French culture because I am new here and I need to know these things.’
‘I did like the examples, the teamwork that was created, and the method by which it was presented.’
‘The topics and delivery have been very interesting. Examples and group work helped to better understand the content.’
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write an offer for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Team development
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to advice you on our range of services.
Since 1999 CultureWaves has been supporting collaboration in companies with organisational change as part of internationalisation processes.
Our team of more than 120 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, key-note speeches and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.