Successful collaboration with Finnish business partners through our Intercultural training Finland. CultureWaves is looking forward to advise you!
Practical knowledge, background know-how and an extension of your personal competencies for a successful collaboration with your Finnish business partners.
Finland is characterized by its long traditions, myths, European as well as Russian influences and a unique language affiliation. The Northern member of the EU takes a central position as connecting link between Western and Eastern markets. The economic center is located in the area around Helsinki. As the majority of the Finnish population is to be found there, services and infrastructure are well established in and around the capital. These aspects contribute to the economic growth of Finland.
Extend your intercultural competencies and expand your understanding of the Finnish mentality through our Intercultural training Finland. We offer extensive background knowledge on Finnish business culture and practice-oriented recommendations for a successful cooperation with your Finnish partners.
What you can expect from our Intercultural training Finland
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Finnish society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may irritate Finnish business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt and interact in Finnish business life more effectively
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Finnish business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training Finland to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Finland – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- The importance of historical, geopolitical, economic and societal developments and their influence on Finnish business mentality
- Self-perception and perception by others of values, attitudes and behavioral patterns in Finnish working life
Communication with Finnish business partners
- Communicating with Finnish colleagues and clients via email, in virtual meetings as well as in personal meetings – positive intentions and potential misunderstandings
- Preffered communication styles in the Finnish business communication
- The meaning and binding force of a spoken word in Finnish business
- Effects and interpretation of speaking pauses during conversations
Meetings, team- and project work
- Making contact and building relationships
- How to build a trustful collaboration with your Finnish business partners
- The meaning of finding consent in Finnish work life
- Challenges and areas of tension when working in project teams with Finnish clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Leadership and decision-making processes in Finland
- Goal orientation in Finnish work life
How to behave in challenging situations and in case of conflict
- Importance of constructive debates
- Strategies and avoiding risks
- Dealing with conflicts in the collaboration with Finish business Partners
Presenting and negotiating in Finland
- Presenting in front of a Finnish audience – what do Finnish listeners expect?
- Recommendations for negotiations: strategies for an efficient and successful negotiation with Finns
- ‚Fair play‘ – the importance of business ethics
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Business trips to Finland – etiquette at business meetings and in everyday life
- Welcoming and taking care of Finnish employees and business partners – the role of the host
Summary of key learnings
Wrap-up and practical recommendations for working with Finnish colleagues and business partners.
Do you have specific needs?
CultureWaves tailors your Intercultural Training Finland according to your current needs and business specific challenges.
Intercultural training Finland – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training Finland to your specific needs!
Intercultural training Finland – methods:
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date videos and graphics. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us!
We are looking forward to write an offer for you or to answer any remaining questions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Intercultural awareness
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
- Virtual training
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.
Since 1999 CultureWaves supports businesses dealing with international collaborations as well as processes of change and internationalisation.
Our team of over 100 experts offers consulting, coaching, trainings, workshops, presentations and process support for international businesses and their employees worldwide.