Practice-oriented knowledge for a successful collaboration with your Chinese business partners
Since 2004, China is recognized as the largest trading nation in the world and has replaced Germany as leading exporter in 2009. Strong trade relations with China require an understanding of its culture in order to collaborate with business partners successfully.
Extend your intercultural competencies and expand your understanding of Chinese mentality through our Intercultural Training China. We offer extensive background knowledge on Chinese business culture and practice-oriented recommendations for a successful cooperation with your Chinese partners.
What you can expect from our Intercultural training China
By completing the training participants will:
- Sharpen their perception and develop a broader understanding of different perspectives
- Understand the impact of cultural values on people’s behaviour, communication and work style
- Gain a better understanding of Chinese society and traditions as well as their impact on work life
- Anticipate what behaviour may confuse Chinese business partners and gain a deeper understanding of their reactions
- Be able to adapt to Chinese everyday life more effectively
- Understand which competencies are important to operate with intercultural sensitivity
- Know helpful strategies to communicate successfully with Chinese business partners
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural training China to your specific needs!
Intercultural training China – possible content:
Self-perception and perception by others
- China, a leading power: historical, geopolitical, philosophic, economic and social developments and their impact on Chinese business mentality; area of tensions and critical issues in China today
- How do the Chinese see others and how do the participants see Chinese? Comparing self-perception and perception of others; values, approaches and behaviors
Communication with Chinese business partners
- Comparing communication styles and communication strategies on an international level: best-practice examples and tips for writing emails, speaking on the phone and face-to-face meetings
- ‚Ting bu dong‘: How does the Chinese language affect communication? Challenges that arise when using interpreters, translators and when using English as a shared foreign language
- Paying attention to nonverbal communication – characteristic features of Chinese communication
- ‚Guanxi‘: the role that personal relationships and networks play in Chinese business life
Meetings, team- and project work
- Working in a team and doing project work with Chinese colleagues and business partners – What to take into account?
- Organising and presenting virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Understanding of time and quality in China
- The meaning of hierarchy and status in Chinese management
- Leadership and decision-making process in China – case studies
How to behave in critical situations and in case of crisis
- Dealing with problems and conflicts – how to save one’s face and the other person’s face?
Presenting and negotiating in China
- Presenting in front of a Chinese audience – what do Chinese listeners expect?
- Tips for negotiations and sales talk: discussion strategies and teachings from the 36 ‘strategemen’
Business trips – tips and recommendations
- Traveling to China – tips for business appointments and everyday life
- Welcoming and taking care of Chinese employees and business partners – the role of the host
Summary of key learnings
Wrap up and practical recommendations for working with Chinese colleagues and business Partners.
Do you have specific needs?
According to your current needs and business-specific challenges, CultureWaves integrates the above mentioned topics into your customized intercultural China training for your successful collaboration with Chinese business partners.
Intercultural training China – How, where and for whom?
- Customized to target group and main topics
- for employees of all levels, professionals and leaders
- individual or group training
- face-to-face or virtual
- on-site or off-site
We are looking forward to advising you and to tailor the Intercultural Training China to your specific needs!
Intercultural training China – methods:
CultureWaves offers behaviour-oriented trainings which are characterized by focussing on participant needs’, interactive approaches and practical relevance.
Our approach comprises background information to better understand business mentalities, interactive group exercises, up-to-date video and graphics. Further included is working on case studies in groups, discussing and reflecting as well as practice-oriented recommendations for your business success.
Intercultural training China – our experts
Our consults have extensive professional experience with Chinese businesses or are originally from China. The Intercultural Training China can be conducted in English, German or further languages.
If you would like to arrange an Intercultural China training for a larger group, we are pleased to put a bicultural trainer team together. In this way/thereby, we can guarantee an intensive work process in small groups.
The CultureWaves trainer team consists of more than 100 experts with vast international training experience in different industries and positions.
You might also be interested in:
- Leadership development
- Intercultural project management
- Intercultural coaching
- The International Profiler – Coaching-tool for developing intercultural competences
…and many more. We are happy to further advise you on our portfolio.
Since 1999, CultureWaves supports companies in their international business as well as processes of change and going international.
Benefit from the quality of our trainings!